Services & Products
Pre-Natal & Post-Natal Massage
A woman's body experiences dramatic and continual changes during pregnancy. Incorporating massage therapy into your prenatal healthcare can provide an abundance of benefits to both mother and baby.
Benefits of pregnancy massage include:
- Alleviates stress on weight bearing joint
- Relieves muscular aches and discomfort, back and hip pain, sciatic symptoms, legs cramps and restless legs, thoracic and inter-scapular pain, headaches
- Assists in maintaining well aligned posture
- Increases blood circulation which supports blood flow to the placenta and return to the heart, thereby assisting blood pressure regulation
- Stimulates lymphatic movement to ease oedema (swelling) and assisting in the removal of toxins
- Relaxes the nervous system which stabilises hormone levels and allows for better sleep, which allows for overall relaxation
- Post natal massage can increase return to optimal fitness sooner and with greater ease
- Supports the continual physiological changes occurring post-partum
Prenatal massage can be performed with the pregnant patient lying on her side and also with her lying on her stomach by use of a specially designed cushion to support the belly. This allows the patient to lie flat, comfortable and relaxed.
It is important to ensure that your pre-natal and post-natal massage treatments are provided by a qualified therapist. Our Myotherapist Natasha has received additional training above the national standards providing her with the skills to address pregnancy-specific issues.
For further information or to book an appointment for this service, you can book online, email your enquiry to email@example.com or call our friendly reception on 03 9670 7041.